Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dying in Your Dreams

from 6/4/08

I've never even come close to dying in any dream I can remember. Have had my fair share of being chased by monsters but they never caught me.

Until this morning! In my dream, I was sitting in out door cafe downtown with a good friend. We were chatting about this and that. From where we sat, I could see far off in the distance something weird going on with clouds. I realized it was a "mushroom cloud" from a bomb dropping.

I realized we were under attack and my mind started to race... just then I heard a loud boom and it get so bright I couldn't see anything. It flashed in my mind, this is it, I am going to die here.

I felt my friend throw himself on top of me. It felt really hot then I started to get really cold... and I thought to myself, "I'm dying. Where are my kids? I didn't get to say goodbye" And I could feel myself "leaving" and was filled with such sadness.

Then like an alarm... my brain said: "This is a dream. WAKE UP!"

And there I was in my bed... with the dog laying next to me with a bit of concern in her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment