Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Who Are You and What Have You Done with My Mother?

Nov 08

This past weekend I got to see my daughter's official theatrical debut. Better yet, I got to witness a love being born. Its a very small role but she is so happy on stage and being part of cast who are mostly college students with a few older folks.

She is so like me, I had a feeling that this might be a passion for her. My fingers had been crossed because I want her to go into puberty having an activity that makes her feel a part of something and is personally rewarding. She is so creative but doesn't like sports and is an average student.

When she took her bows with the rest of the cast, I knew for sure she had the bug. I hope she not only sees it as an outlet the rest of her academic life, but if she feels she can make a career in this field... that she goes for it.

I will say this though. My mother totally cracked me up. She called to congratulate my daughter's first performance via speaker phone. I nearly choked when she started talking about how much she hopes my daughter becomes a famous actress.

This was the same woman who declared that my pursuing professional theater was a huge mistake, acting was a terrible career path. That it is as much luck as it is talent needed to be successful. And its foolish to let fate decide your success.

How I remember all those lectures!!!

I think my mom is indeed a pod person.

No comments:

Post a Comment