Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Eleven Years Ago Today

From 8/21/07

Eleven years ago I woke up, as big as house, still thinking I had two more weeks to go until my baby came. It was a beautiful morning, just like today.

One difference was my day didn't begin with coffee as I had given that up for the baby. (My caffeine addiction was promplty put back in place upon cessation of breastfeeding!)

My husband and I were heading over to meet friends for breakfast when my water broke. Twenty-eight hours later, I became a mother for the first time. And given proof God exists and loves me as I held her in my arms for the first time.

But at this time, 11 years ago, I had no idea what was about to happen.

On one hand, I had no idea that I was not in a "happily ever after" ... it turned out that the man I chose to be the father of my children wasn't the kind of husband I needed (nor I the kind of wife he needed.) That ephinany wasn't to come for 4 more years.

On the other hand though, I had no idea just how much being a mother would enrich my life. In ways I never, ever expected.

Nor did I ever expect time could ever fly so fast. Not sure what it is about parenting that makes time go on hyperdrive. But it sure does feel like if you blink, you are going to miss something.

No comments:

Post a Comment