Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Farewell To My Pink Hiking Boots

August 2008

It was a great hike yesterday with the exception of my footwear.

You see, I've had for years the most sturdy and comfortable hiking boots. Best part, they were hot pink. Friends would tease me that if I ever got lost in the woods, I'd always eventually be found because of those boots.

But they were literally falling apart which isn't safe. (I'm already clutzy enough on my own.)

So yesterday I wore my new pair. I had searched and searched for another "fun" color on a good boot. But no luck. Had to settle for a good boot but boring brown. There's a bit of a baby blue on the ankle collar but its on the back and I can't see it.

I loved walking along the trail and looking down at those ridiculous and out of place colored boots. Made me smile. Then when I had gotten a pink iPod to match, loved that too.

No more. Big sad face.

No comments:

Post a Comment