Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So Very Pleased Obama Won

November 08

A good thing happened last night. A very good thing indeed. I feel it in my bones Obama is the right person... just hearing the reaction around the world underscores my opinion. I've traveled internationally the past 8 years, America had become a joke.

What seriously impressed me was Senator McCain's conciliatory speech. The class and grace he displayed speaks volumes of his character. Never did I doubt he was a good man who puts his country first.

I understand change is hard and comes with a price... but today, today I'm going to celebrate that hope is alive again. And I celebrate with all those other mothers of color who now can tell their children they can grow up and be anything they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment