Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why Darth Vader Went Evil

from 04-05-08

My 8 year old son watched with his Dad last night Star Wars: Episode I, The Phantom Menace. Its the one where Darth Vader is a little boy.

So my son explains to me, "If I had a chance to be Jedi Knight, but only if I had to leave you, I wouldn't go."

Now that is love given how much my boy adores all things Star Wars. He runs around the house with his friend playing with toy light sabres. Has computer and playstation versions of games.

We were discussing it and we agree that that if little Anakin hadn't left his mother, Darth Vader wouldn't have been born. His mother would have never let him turn to the dark side nor would he want to if he had grown up with her.

He even had a theory that if Obi couldn't have rescued his mother too, he could have at least taught him how to use the light sabre so that he could rescue her when he was big enough. Then they leave that planet together and get trained as an adult like Luke Skywalker did.

So there you go. Never leave your mother behind. You'll become evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment