Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Frankie Valli

From 5-3-08

My newest iTunes acquisition is Frankie Valli’s “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You”. My mom has it on her iPhone (which I'm green with envy that she has one and I don't!). The minute I heard it on the way back from airport, I remembered how much I loved it and had to have it for iPod. My favorite part is after the quiet lyrics the horns start to build up then they belt out:

I love you, baby,
And if it's quite alright,
I need you, baby,
To warm a lonely night.
I love you, baby.
Trust in me when I say:
Oh, pretty baby,
Don't bring me down, I pray.
Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay
And let me love you, baby.
Let me love you.

I simply must stop what I’m doing and sing along. Throwing my arms up also enhances the experience. I played it a couple of times while I made dinner (I’m a dance/sing cook) last night.

(Dinner BTW was wonderful. While I was preparing dinner, I served up a spinach/artichoke dip on really good French bread. Main course was a a peppercorn pork tenderloin and the pan seared brussel sprouts carmelized with ginger was good. But the best was my favorite mashed potato recipe. Try it: 5 parts golden yukon potatoes, 1 part sweet potato and one garlic clove per two servings. Boil it in chicken broth. Mash/whip with heavy cream and butter. Truly decadent.)

Played again this morning while I made breakfast and while I did a bit of weeding.

And now the song is firmly in my mind... I have been compelled a few times when entering a room to raise my right hand and sing as loudly as I can (remember, my belief if you can’t sing well, sing loud)... “I love you baby”. (I also sing when happy.)

I just did it as I walked into the family room with my lap top. (I was looking forward to quickly reading my favorite blogs before we head to the nursery.)

Kids didn’t say a word as the poor things are used to it. And my mother simply rolled her eyes and said to my kids, “It was actually much worse when she was a teenager. This is nothing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment